Teaching Using Zoom and Ipad Pencil
This semester I am teaching Linear Regression Model for a class of around 150 students. As the classroom is very large, it is impossible to write on the blackboard and I need to rely on slides. However, sometimes, I would like to show the derivations. I found the following works well with me and would like to share with everyone.
- Install Zoom on both computer and iPad. Have Apple Pencil Ready.
- Initiate a Zoom meeting on the computer, and share screen on the presentation.
- Join the Zoom meeting from the iPad, with no microphone and sound.
- Press the Screen on iPad, and Press Edit.
- You can make annotations on the presentation using Apple Pencil.
I’ve also made a Youtube video as follows.